Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Violet Aguilar has arrived!!





Violet was born today, January 28th at 9:13 AM and she weighed at 6.5 lbs and she is 19.5 inches long at Christus St. Catherine Hospital by Dr. Geoff Zimmerman. She is soo adorable and such a calm little lady:)

We arrived at the hospital yesterday at about 7:30 becuase I was having contractions about every 2-3 minutes at around 5:56 pm. We then called the dr who told us to head to the hospital.

So we headed to Christus St. Catherine (such an awesome hosiptal!!!) and they checked me in I they checked my cervix and said I was already 5 cm dilated so I had to stay:)

Virgil was with me and my mom came a few minutes later since we asked The Smiths (THANK YOU!!!!!) if they could watch Scarlett while my mom was up there:)

I started feeling lots of contractions at about every 3 minutes and they seemed to stretch. I asked V to get the nurse for the epidural..I kept asking and he finally showed up at 10:30ish. He proceeded with the epidural which V asked the dr. f he could see the needle...it was long, lol!! The gave me the epidural and only my right leg was getting numb. I still felt the contractions on my left so I had to lay on my left for them to administer more drug. It worked very quickly. The nurse then checked my cervix and felt that it was 6 cm now. I then felt nothing from the waist down...it was numb and i could wiggle my toes only. It was like this the entire night. They then gave me a yellow purse which was my pee bag since I was not able to get up anymore.

We tried sleeping through the night and at about 8ish in the morning my new nurse checked my cervix and said I was fully dilated. So the nurse called me dr, we then called my inlaws and my mom. I wanted my mom to be in the room since shewas not able to make it to Scarletts.

While they were enroute to the hospital, my dr. arrived and they started preparing and he popped my water bag. My mom arrived in the room at 9ish and everything proceeded very quickly. I did about 10 pushes max and pop, Violet arrived. She cried and I got to hold for a few, then the nursery took her and cleaned up. A few minutes later after the room cleared, my inlaws and Scarlett came in to see her and Scarlett was amazed and gave lots of kisses.

No comments: